My Guide Website?
Hanoi Farm Tour and Cooking Class with Local Family4 Reviews
Visit an authentic village in Hanoi and explore the famous bustling market. Walk around a vegetable farm and fruit garden and meet the farmers. Learn how to cook traditional Vietnamese recipes in a home kitchen with a local family.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vietnam:If youʻre booking your trip to Vietnam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk around an authentic market that is over 1000 years old
- Visit a beautiful farm and see the local products growing
- Enjoy a hands on a cooking class in a family home
- Talk and share your culture with a Vietnamese family
DescriptionLeave Hanoi center and drive to the west of the city for about 35 minutes where you will meet your guide. Explore a famous local market with many traditional items for sale that has been in operation since the Le King Dynasty of 1428. On market day (two or three times per week), see how people from all the surrounding villages come to trade dogs, cats, pigs, chickens, ducks, and bamboo baskets. Watch the old women chew betel and areca nut whilst blacksmiths work hard with their bright braziers. If your visit takes place not on the market day, visit another nice market with local produce such as fish, vegetable, fruits, and meat, where you can chat with the locals. After the market, visit some vegetable farms right next door. Walk around the fields growing bitter melon, corn, cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes, green peas, and soybean. See the fruit gardens with oranges, pomelos, papayas, guavas, and bananas. Take the chance to chat with a working farmer and ask them about their cultivation techniques and lifestyle. Following this, travel to a local home and learn how to cook some delicious traditional dishes. Enjoy local fresh vegetables, fruit, tea, and traditional cake as you learn about Vietnamese family life and customs.
IncludesPrivate English-speaking local host Market and farm visit Cooking class Meal Drinks
- The village is 18 km from Hanoi old quarter - 35/40 minutes by car
- It is recommended that you book a taxi to reach the village as it the cheapest and most comfortable route to get there
- You will be sent a detailed menu for you to choose from and the house address after booking