My Guide Website?
Ho Chi Minh: Mekong Delta & Floating Market 2-Day Group Tour44 Reviews
Experience the natural beauty and rich culture of the Mekong Delta on a 2-day tour from Ho Chi Minh City. Travel down river to see the local life, enjoy folk music, and taste seasonal fresh fruit.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vietnam:If youʻre booking your trip to Vietnam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Hanoi: 2-Day Sapa Trekking Tour with Limousine Transfer
- Phu Quoc Trip 3: 3 Islands Full-Day Snorkeling Tour
- From Hanoi: Tam Coc, Hoa Lu & Mua Caves Full-Day Trip
- Da Nang: Lady Buddha, Marble Mountains, and Am Phu Cave Tour
- Hoi An: My Son Sanctuary and Thu Bon River Cruise
- Learn how coconut fudge and crispy rice popcorn is made.
- Listen to traditional folk music from southern Vietnam.
- Cruise along the canals of the Mekong Delta.
- Chat to the locals about their everyday lives.
- Having a boat ride to the Cai Rang floating market on Hau River.
DescriptionDiscover what life is like in the Mekong Delta and explore the rivers by sampan boat. Stay at a hotel in Can Tho, and visit the largest floating market in the region. Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – Cai Be – Can Tho (L) 07:30: Pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and start the trip to Cai Be. Upon arrival in Cai Be, have a boat ride to the remaining site of a renowned wholesale floating market on the Tien River many years ago. This site entitles you to learn something about the local trading habit that has changed due to the age of modern society when more terrestrial transportation and high techniques of agriculture have dominated everywhere. There, you can realize how diverse the area is and how rich orchard gardens are, which makes it the basket of fruit in the lower part of the Mekong River. Ramble in small villages where you will uncover the beauty of an ancient house and learn about the indigenous culture. Make a short visit to a small family business where the locals make coconut fudges and crispy rice popcorn. Savor delicious fresh fruit and feel the slow rhythms of Southern Vietnamese folk music – a kind of music entwined with the life and culture of the Mekong Delta people. Paddle through small canals – an exciting experience since you can look around, unwind, and soak up the wonderful atmosphere of the Upper Mekong Delta. Additionally, after arrival on Tan Phong Island, immerse yourself in nature's tranquility. At lunchtime, you not only enjoy luscious food but also get closer to the locals as it is a chance to learn how to prepare Vietnamese specialties. The meal is cooked on your own and served in the heart of the local garden. Cycle on the village path through orchards. Meet the local islanders to learn more about the local daily life in the Mekong Delta. Visit Ba Kiệt’s ancient house. Take a boat ride back to Cai Be and meet your bus for the trip to Can Tho City. Proceed to Can Tho City and overnight in Can Tho. Day 2: Can Tho – Cai Rang Floating Market – Ho Chi Minh City (B, L) Have breakfast at the hotel. Take a leisurely boat ride to explore the picturesque tributaries of the Lower Mekong River (Bassac River). Then, visit the Cai Rang Floating Market, the most vibrant floating market in the area. Enjoy a walking tour of the local noodle factory. Visit Munir Ansay Pagoda, a Khmer temple, famous for its unique structure. Then, go by boat to visit the fruit plantation and enjoy seasonal fruit. Return to Ho Chi Minh City after lunch at the end of your experience.
IncludesPickup and drop-off on selected streets within District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City Transportation and sightseeing as per the program Boat trip on the Mekong Delta Guide All entrance fees Meals as indicated in the program (1 x breakfast, 2 x lunch) Accommodation in a twin/double shared room
- Pickup is available from hotels in District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City (excluding Đa Kao Ward and Tan Dinh Ward, District 1). If you are staying outside District 1, please make your way to the meeting point and be on time as the local tour operator will not wait for latecomers
- The return time is subject to traffic conditions, for which the local tour operator is not responsible
- Dress appropriately to visit the pagoda temple. Shoulders and knees must be covered
- This tour is not suitable for people with limited mobility or heart problems