My Guide Website?
From Ho Chi Minh City: Cu Chi Tunnels Adventure9 Reviews
Escape the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City and head west towards Cu Chi to visit a local family and explore the historic underground tunnels.
- Visit the former Viet Minh underground stronghold at Cu Chi
- Delve into an underground world of guerilla warfare in the incredible Cu Chi Tunnels
- Visit a local family and gain an insight into local life, past and present
- Learn about the history of Vietnam led by an expert English-speaking guide
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionLeave behind the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City and head 2.5 hours west towards the Cambodian border bound for the Cu Chi Tunnels. Enjoy an action-packed day of history, culture, adventure and tradition, led by an expert guide and in small groups of no more than 12 people. After being collected from your hotel head towards Cu Chi. Upon arrival visit a local family and gain an insight into daily life both past and present. This is a great opportunity to learn about the traditions and cultures of the Thai people. Continue on to the Cu Chi Tunnels. Local fighters built these during the Indochina conflict as a base from which the Viet Cong could operate. This network of over 200 kilometers of tunnels became legendary during the 1960's when they played a vital part in the American War, allowing the Viet Cong to control a large rural area close to Ho Chi Minh City. The tunnels are extensive and in their heyday included, hospitals, schools, meeting rooms, kitchens and sleeping quarters. Today the Vietnamese government has preserved approximately 75 kilometers of the tunnels as a memorial park. Learn about the conditions the people lived in, the hardships they faced and the ingenuity employed to maintain life in the tunnels. You will also sample some of the typical cuisine that the inhabitants would have eaten. Afterwards return to the chaos of Ho Chi Minh City.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide Return transportation Entrance fees: Cu Chi ticket Local family visit Drop off centrally located hotels in Ho Chi Minh City For the private tour - pick up from a centrally located hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices
- Light and comfortable clothing is recommended with shoes appropriate for walking in the tunnels
- Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive
- Travelers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted a maximum of 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months, or proof of vaccination.