Cu Chi Tunnels Experience: Guided Tour from Ho Chi Minh City9 Reviews
Escape the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City and head west towards Cu Chi to visit a local family and explore the historic underground tunnels. Learn about the impact of the tunnels in the American war with Vietnam. Led by an expert guide.
- Visit the former Viet Minh underground stronghold at Cu Chi
- Delve into an underground world of guerilla warfare in the incredible Cu Chi Tunnels
- Visit a local family and gain an insight into local life, past and present
- Learn about the history of Vietnam led by an expert English-speaking guide
DescriptionLeave behind the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City and head 2.5 hours west towards the Cambodian border bound for the Cu Chi Tunnels. Enjoy an action-packed day of history, culture, adventure and tradition, led by an expert guide and in small groups of no more than 12 people. After being collected from your hotel head towards Cu Chi. Upon arrival visit a local family and gain an insight into daily life both past and present. This is a great opportunity to learn about the traditions and cultures of the Thai people. Continue on to the Cu Chi Tunnels. Local fighters built these during the Indochina conflict as a base from which the Viet Cong could operate. This network of over 200 kilometers of tunnels became legendary during the 1960's when they played a vital part in the American War, allowing the Viet Cong to control a large rural area close to Ho Chi Minh City. The tunnels are extensive and in their heyday included, hospitals, schools, meeting rooms, kitchens and sleeping quarters. Today the Vietnamese government has preserved approximately 75 kilometers of the tunnels as a memorial park. Learn about the conditions the people lived in, the hardships they faced and the ingenuity employed to maintain life in the tunnels. You will also sample some of the typical cuisine that the inhabitants would have eaten. Afterwards return to the chaos of Ho Chi Minh City.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Transport Entrance fees as indicated Local family visit Personal expenses Tips for driver or guide
- The local family visit in Cu Chi is not available from March 12 to March 26, 2020
- Light and comfortable clothing is recommended with shoes appropriate for walking in the tunnels
- Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now