My Guide Website?
Private Hanoi: Crowd-free Morning Highlights of the City7 Reviews
Explore the highlights of Hanoi on a small-group, 4-hour tour and learn about Vietnam's history, myths and modern-day life. Visit cultural sites such as the Ho Chi Minh Complex, House 54 where Uncle Ho lived, Quan Thanh Taoist Temple and more.
- Discover the soul of Vietnam in its traditional tea arts
- Visit the so-called “Hanoi Hilton” – the infamous Hoa Lo Prison that housed POWs during the Vietnam War
- Explore the 1000-year-old university at the Temple of Literature
- Stroll along the legendary Sword Lake to admire the reflections of its stunning bridge and Ngoc Son Temple
- Marvel at the largest and oldest church in Hanoi, famous for its resemblance to the Notre Dame de Paris
DescriptionDive into the sights, sounds, and smells of the bustling city on this Hanoi city tour, a great way to see some of the major Hanoi highlights. Start the city tour with a visit to the Temple of Literature. Originally built in honor of Confucius by King Ly Thai Thong in 1070, a university was added to the grounds six years later. The university provided education to the royal family and children of the aristocracy or 'mandarins'. The University remained here until King Gia Long moved the country’s administrative capital from Hanoi to Hue at the beginning of the 19th century. Drop into a traditional tea house to taste some of the best Vietnamese flavored green teas and listen to thousand-year-old stories explaining the significance of tea leaves to local cultures. Tea is even better when served with some authentic snacks such as sweetened lotus seeds and green bean cake. Continuing on the Hanoi tour, head to the Hoa Lo Prison museum. Used by French Colonists for political prisoners till 1954 and later by North Vietnam for American POWs, the prison complex was sarcastically nicknamed the “Hanoi Hilton” by American pilots during Vietnam War (1954-1975). Famous ex-prisoners of war include Pete Peterson (the first US ambassador to a unified Vietnam in 1995) and US Senator John McCain. Your next stop will be the largest and oldest church in Hanoi. St Joseph’s Cathedral was built in 1886 with an architectural style often compared to the Notre Dame de Paris, this Gothic Revival church is not only a religious site, but is also a popular photoshoot backdrop for local teenagers. Continue to the heart of Hanoi - the Hoan Kiem Lake, with its magnificent Huc Bridge and Ngoc Son temple. Experience the spiritual harmony of different religions coexisting in the same place. Then, stop for lunch for a traditional bowl of pho, a definite must-do while you're in Vietnam, before ending the tour. You may then continue your own exploration of the area or your tour guide will assist you in getting a taxi back to your hotel.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide One-way transportation Temple of Literature ticket Hoa Lo Prison ticket Ngoc Son Temple entrance fees Vietnamese green tea with green bean cake Traditional noodle Pho for lunch Pick up at centrally located hotel in Hanoi
- Children must be over 6 years old to take part in this tour.
- Please note that dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, please wear modest clothing, which covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- If you are happy with the services, providing a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. It is of great significance to the people who take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry. • Travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom₫2,177,400Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today