Mekong Delta and Floating Market 2-Day Small Group Tour10 Reviews
Experience the natural beauty and rich culture of the Mekong Delta on a 2-day tour from Ho Chi Minh City. Travel down river to see the local life, enjoy folk music, and taste seasonal fresh fruit.
- Learn how coconut fudge and crispy rice popcorn is made
- Listen to traditional folk music from southern Vietnam
- Visit the Ving Trang Pagoda
- Cruise along the canals of the Mekong Delta
- Chat to the locals about their everyday lives
DescriptionDiscover what life is like in the Mekong Delta and explore the rivers by sampan boat. Stay at a local homestay or hotel in Can Tho, and visit the largest floating market in the region. Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – My Tho – Ben Tre – Can Tho (L) Depart Ho Chi Minh City and travel in air-conditioned comfort to My Tho to board a traditional sampan on arrival. Cruise around the beautiful Dragon, Phoenix, and Tortoise islands, and stop at Unicorn Island to walk the village paths and enjoy tropical fruit fresh from the orchards. Listen to authentic folk music performed by the locals, visit a fruit plantation, and then make your way along the Thoi Son canal by sampan. Stop to visit family business and a bee-keeping farm, savor honey tea, and go to a coconut candy workshop. Cycle around Tan Thach village in the afternoon and meet the locals to experience everyday life in the Mekong Delta, or relax on a hammock and enjoy the cool breeze. Proceed to Can Tho for your overnight stay in a centrally located hotel. Day 2: Can Tho – Cai Rang Floating Market – Ho Chi Minh City (B, L) Take a leisurely boat trip to explore the picturesque tributaries of the Lower Mekong River, and then visit Cai Rang Floating Market. Walk to see the fruit plantations and visit a local noodle factory. Marvel at Visit Binh Thuy Communal House and the Khmer temple of Munir Ansay Pagoda. Return to Ho Chi Minh City after lunch at the end of your amazing experience.
IncludesPickup and drop-off on selected streets within District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City Transportation and sightseeing as per the program Boat trip on the Mekong Delta English-speaking guide (other languages available on request) All entrance fees Meals as indicated in the program (1 x breakfast, 2 x lunch) Accommodation in a twin/double shared room 2-star hotel Other meals not mentioned in the program Personal expenses Travel insurance Single room supplement of $10 per person per room Pick-up from hotels not centrally located in Dist 1, HCMC
- Pickup is available from hotels in District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City. If you are staying outside District 1, please make your way to the meeting point and be on time as the local tour operator will not wait for latecomers
- The return time is subject to traffic conditions, for which the local tour operator is not responsible
- Dress appropriately to visit the pagoda temple. Shoulders and knees must be covered
- This tour is not suitable for people with limited mobility or heart problems
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability