Hoi An: Half-Day Silk Tour with Lunch24 Reviews
Discover Vietnam's long history of making silk with a half-day tour in Hoi An. Explore the silk village, seeing how silkworms are taken care of and how their cocoons are transformed into beautiful and elaborate handicrafts.
- Enjoy a trip through the countryside outside of Hoi An
- Visit a silkworm breeding house and learn about how silk is made
- Watch textile workers weave silk into beautiful garments
- Learn how to feed the silkworms and unravel silkworm cocoons using traditional methods
- Visit the silk showroom to see the finished product
DescriptionBe picked up at your hotel and and head straight to the silk village. Upon arrival, you can relax and enjoy a welcome drink. You will then be able to directly see the artisans spinning, weaving silk and you can admire the collection of áo dài (traditional Vietnamese silk clothing for women). Continue to the ancient Champa mulberry and traditional mulberry garden, followed by a visit to the silkworm breeding house, where you will learn how to feed the silkworm and see the silkworm cocoons. See how silkworm cocoons are unraveled in the traditional way. At the Cua Dien Textile Machine, you will see how the silk is weaved and transformed into textiles. Visit the showroom of silk products and learn how to differentiate between pure silk and artificial silk. Then relax in the lush green mulberry garden and enjoy a local lunch before returning to your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation as per the itinerary Entrance fees Bottled water English-speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request) Tips and gratuities Personal expenses
- Every child must be accompanied by an adult. Please book adult tickets for any additional children.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability