The Quintessence of Tonkin Show with Pick-Up
Are you a business owner in Vietnam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Vietnam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a marvelous spectacle bringing you closer to Vietnam's history and tradition
- Immerse yourself into the amazing performance and admire the dancers' and local farmers' show skills
- Hear the peaceful sound and experience the atmosphere of serene village life in Vietnam
DescriptionBorn from an artistic vision to tell the story of the cultural highlights of Northern Vietnam, the show skillfully blends real life performers, delightful water puppetry, a stunning light show, an evocative soundtrack and the mountains of Chua Thay into a jaw-dropping extravaganza that tugs on the heart strings. It is a rustic, artistic demonstration of Vietnamese culture: poetry, Buddhism, nostalgia, music and painting, joy and festivals. Drawing on the daily life and activities of the people of the northern delta, and including the art of water puppetry in the story, the audience witnesses the story of monk, Tu Dao Hanh and his journey to Thang Long Royal Palace. At the same time, the story showcases the talents of the Vietnamese people, who excel in knowledge and martial arts. A traditional village is the setting and traditional instruments and vocal arts such as ca trù, quan họ, chầu văn are included in the program. The Quintessence of Tonkin performers comprise two troupes: the farmers and junior and senior dance students. Local farmers and their families from the Quoc Oai area in Sai Son, are the focus of the extravaganza, which is performed on water. While not professionally trained, the farmers are passionate performers. The dance students who have been trained bring youth, vitality and vibrance to the show. Together, the farmers and dance students bring the show to life in a compelling visual performance.
IncludesTheater ticket Shuttle bus service (reserve 2 days in advance) Food & beverages
- Ticket holders must arrive at the amphitheatre at least 30 minutes before the start of the show to check in
- Theater doors will close 15 minutes before show time.
- All group members must check in together to exchange the e-ticket for a theater pass
- The use of cameras, video recorders, cellular phones and cigarettes is prohibited
- Food and drinks are available for purchase at the theater. Food and drinks brought from elsewhere are not permitted
- Latecomers will be seated in a dedicated area, subject to availability. The difference in ticket price will not be refunded
- The show is not suitable for children below the age of 5. The child rate applies to under 6 year olds
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
- Best Seller
From Huế: Full-Day Phong Nha Cave Tour
A magical place hidden in the limestone mountain and tropical forests, Phong Nha is famous for its caves, splendid grottos and underground river.15 ReviewsFrom ₫995,200
Danang Private Jeep Tour
Visit all of the highest points in Da Nang and view the city high up.From ₫2,582,700
Hoi An Heritage Painting TourHo Chi Minh City
An unique tour to gain insight of the charming and captivating artistic culture of historic Hoi An. ............
Saigon Zoo and Botanical GardensDistrict-1-, Ho Chi Minh City
Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens is one on the oldest zoos in the world...............
Hoi An ExpressHo Chi Minh City
From day tours to multiple week long trips, Hoi An Express will plan every detail to perfection.............
Jade Emperor PagodaDistrict-3, Ho Chi Minh City
To explore a "non-touristy" pagoda, visit the Jade Emperor Pagoda. Also known as the Tortoise Pagoda because you can purchase turtles out front to release into the pond.From
Ben Thanh MarketDistrict-1-, Ho Chi Minh City
The most centrally located and popular market in Saigon. .........From
Ecological ToursHo Chi Minh City
A Unique Eco-Experience exploring Hoi An’s countryside on our comfortable Electric Scooters!............From
2-Day Royal Palace Ha Long Bay & Ti Top Island Cruise
Climb aboard a boutique boat and cruise across the emerald waters of Ha Long Bay in refined luxury. Upgrade your adventure in the scenic wilderness and feel like a VIP on16 ReviewsFrom ₫2,961,800
War Remnants Museum and Cu Chi Tunnels Full-Day Group Tour
Journey through the dark history of the Vietnam War on a tour of the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City and the underground network of Cu Chi Tunnels used by the Vie68 ReviewsFrom ₫710,800