Mekong Delta: 3-Day 2-Night with Phnom Penh Exit, Cambodia
Are you a business owner in Vietnam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Vietnam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Discover a perfect hybrid of eastern and western architectural styles at Vinh Trang Pagoda
- Listen to folk music and savor fresh local food in rural areas
- Learn about life in the Mekong Delta and visit the Cai Rang Floating Market
- Look for birds and other wildlife in the Tra Su Cajuput Forest
- Visit a fish farm and meet the Cham community at their traditional weaving village
DescriptionExperience life in the Mekong Delta on a 3-day tour from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh. Get breathtaking views of local temples, fruit plantations and typical stilt houses. Visit a floating market, and look for wildlife, such as tropical birds in a natural environment. Day 1: Following pick-up from your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, depart for My Tho and visit the Vinh Trang Pagoda. Then, take a boat along the river to see the typical stilt houses and fruit plantations of the area. Proceed to Tortoise Island and enjoy lunch in a local restaurant. Continue by boat under the shade of the water coconut trees and visit a family business that epitomizes the idyllic rural lifestyle. Take a row-boat along the creeks, and then stroll through the fruit plantations and village. Continue to Can Tho for your overnight stay. Day 2: Start with an early morning boat trip to Cai Rang Floating Market and marvel at the mounds of fruit and vegetables on display as you experience the market at its busiest time of day. Cruise through the small channels to visit a rice noodle making village, and then break for lunch. Proceed to Chau Doc and venture into the Tra Su Cajuput Forest to visit a wild bird sanctuary. Discover the diversity of the splendid canals deep in the forest as you look for storks, cranes and other tropical birds. Return to Chau Doc to check in to your overnight accommodation. Day 3: Following breakfast in the early morning, go for a short walk before pick-up at the river bank. Journey to the fish farms before traveling by speed boat to Phnom Penh, where your tour ends.
IncludesPick-up and drop off at centrally located hotels in Ho Chi Minh City Transportation by air-conditioned bus English-speaking guide Mekong Delta boat trip All entrance fees Fresh fruit, honey, and tea 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches 2 nights’ accommodation at 2-star hotels (based on 2 people sharing a twin or double room) Boat ticket to Phnom Penh from Chau Doc 1 bottle of water per day Travel insurance Vietnamese entry visa Drinks and other food Personal expenses Homestay option on request Single supplement Tips
- This tour ends in Cambodia, not Vietnam
- Pick-up is available from centrally located hotels in District 1
- For those staying in hotels outside of this area you will have to go to the meeting point
- Please be on time, as the tour operator will not wait for latecomers
- Please dress appropriately for a visit to the pagoda (shoulders and knees must be covered)
- The tour is not suitable for people with limited mobility or heart problems
- You will arrive at the Sisowath Port in Phnom Penh (in Cambodia) at approximately 13:00 on the third day
- Travelers must have a Cambodian entry visa in order to enter Cambodia. Failure to have one may result in denial of entry
- Travelers have to pay $35 per person for the Cambodian visa and take 2 photos. Your guide on the boat will help you to apply for it at the border
- For all other meals that are not included you will have to pay for yourself. There are many local restaurants to choose from
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
- Best Seller
From Huế: Full-Day Phong Nha Cave Tour
A magical place hidden in the limestone mountain and tropical forests, Phong Nha is famous for its caves, splendid grottos and underground river.15 ReviewsFrom ₫995,200
Danang Private Jeep Tour
Visit all of the highest points in Da Nang and view the city high up.From ₫2,582,700
Hoi An Heritage Painting TourHo Chi Minh City
An unique tour to gain insight of the charming and captivating artistic culture of historic Hoi An. ............
Saigon Zoo and Botanical GardensDistrict-1-, Ho Chi Minh City
Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens is one on the oldest zoos in the world...............
Hoi An ExpressHo Chi Minh City
From day tours to multiple week long trips, Hoi An Express will plan every detail to perfection.............
Jade Emperor PagodaDistrict-3, Ho Chi Minh City
To explore a "non-touristy" pagoda, visit the Jade Emperor Pagoda. Also known as the Tortoise Pagoda because you can purchase turtles out front to release into the pond.From
Ben Thanh MarketDistrict-1-, Ho Chi Minh City
The most centrally located and popular market in Saigon. .........From
Ecological ToursHo Chi Minh City
A Unique Eco-Experience exploring Hoi An’s countryside on our comfortable Electric Scooters!............From
2-Day Royal Palace Ha Long Bay & Ti Top Island Cruise
Climb aboard a boutique boat and cruise across the emerald waters of Ha Long Bay in refined luxury. Upgrade your adventure in the scenic wilderness and feel like a VIP on16 ReviewsFrom ₫2,961,800
War Remnants Museum and Cu Chi Tunnels Full-Day Group Tour
Journey through the dark history of the Vietnam War on a tour of the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City and the underground network of Cu Chi Tunnels used by the Vie68 ReviewsFrom ₫710,800