Hanoi Highlights: Small-Group Tour
Are you a business owner in Vietnam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Vietnam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Discover the soul of Vietnamese in its traditional tea arts.
- Visit the so-called “Hanoi Hilton” – the infamous Hoa Lo Prison that housed POWs during the Vietnam War
- Explore the 1000-year-old university at the Temple of Literature
- Stroll along the legendary Sword Lake to admire the reflections of its stunning bridge and temple
- Marvel at the largest and oldest church in Hanoi, famous for its resemblance to the Notre Dame de Paris
DescriptionDive in to the sights, sounds, and smells of the bustling city on this Hanoi city tour, a great way to see some of the major Hanoi highlights. You will be joined by a local leader and a maximum group size of 12 passengers. Start the city tour with a visit to the Temple of Literature. Originally built in honor of Confucius by King Ly Thai Thong in 1070, a university was added to the grounds six years later. The university provided education to the royal family and children of the aristocracy or 'mandarins'. The University remained here until King Gia Long moved the country’s administrative capital from Hanoi to Hue at the beginning of the 19th century. Drop in to a traditional tea house to taste some of the best Vietnamese flavored green teas and listen to thousand-year-old stories explaining the significance of tea leaves to local cultures. Tea is even better when served with some authentic snacks such as sweetened lotus seeds and green bean cake. Continuing on the Hanoi tour, head to the Hoa Lo Prison museum. Used by French Colonists for political prisoners till 1954 and later by North Vietnam for American POWs, the prison complex was sarcastically nicknamed the “Hanoi Hilton” by American pilots during Vietnam War (1954-1975). Famous ex-prisoners of war include Pete Peterson (the first US ambassador to a unified Vietnam in 1995) and US Senator John McCain. Your next stop will be the largest and oldest church in Hanoi. St Joseph’s Cathedral was built in 1886 with an architectural style often compared to the Notre Dame de Paris, this Gothic Revival church is not only a religious site, but is also a popular photo shoot backdrop for local teenagers. Continue to the heart of Hanoi - the Hoan Kiem Lake, with its magnificent Huc Bridge and Ngoc Son temple. Experience the spiritual harmony of different religions coexisting in the same place. You may then continue your own exploration of the area or your tour guide will assist you in getting a taxi back to your hotel.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Entrance fees as indicated Lunch Tips for guide and driver Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Children must be over 6 years old to take part in this tour.
- Please note that dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, please wear modest clothing, which covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- If you are happy with the services, providing a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. It is of great significance to the people who take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Danang Private Jeep Tour
Visit all of the highest points in Da Nang and view the city high up.From ₫2,582,700
- Best Seller
From Huế: Full-Day Phong Nha Cave Tour
A magical place hidden in the limestone mountain and tropical forests, Phong Nha is famous for its caves, splendid grottos and underground river.15 ReviewsFrom ₫995,200
Saigon Zoo and Botanical GardensDistrict-1-, Ho Chi Minh City
Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens is one on the oldest zoos in the world...............
Ben Thanh MarketDistrict-1-, Ho Chi Minh City
The most centrally located and popular market in Saigon. .........From
Hoi An Heritage Painting TourHo Chi Minh City
An unique tour to gain insight of the charming and captivating artistic culture of historic Hoi An. ............
Jade Emperor PagodaDistrict-3, Ho Chi Minh City
To explore a "non-touristy" pagoda, visit the Jade Emperor Pagoda. Also known as the Tortoise Pagoda because you can purchase turtles out front to release into the pond.From
Hoi An ExpressHo Chi Minh City
From day tours to multiple week long trips, Hoi An Express will plan every detail to perfection.............
Ecological ToursHo Chi Minh City
A Unique Eco-Experience exploring Hoi An’s countryside on our comfortable Electric Scooters!............From
Hai Van Pass
Hai Van Pass is a 21-km mountain pass on Vietnam’s National Route 1A. It traverses the border of DaNang City and Thua Thien-Hue Province, near Bach Ma National Park. On
Car Rental from Ho Chi Minh City to Surroundings
You deserve a perfect car to take you around Ho Chi Minh City or you want to travel further to destinations such as the Cu Chi Tunnels or Mekong Delta. Rely on a professiFrom ₫2,369,500