Hanoi: 8-Hour Countryside Tour to Duong Lam Village
Are you a business owner in Vietnam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Vietnam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore the Red River Delta wet rice farming village of Duong Lam
- Venture inside the historic mud and laterite homes of the locals
- Enjoy a tasty home-cooked lunch of authentic Vietnamese cuisine
- Visit the 15th-century Mia Pagoda to admire the Buddha statues
- Cycle the village roads of north Vietnam
- Wander down the tiny alleys of Duong Lam to experience local life up close
DescriptionVisit the historic village of Duong Lam on the outskirts of Hanoi and discover the traditional rural houses that date back up to 400 years. Most of the buildings are made of laterite and mud, 2 of the area’s most abundant materials. The village has also been described as the last stronghold of wet rice farming culture in northern Vietnam. The private tour for a minimum of 2 people can be tailored to your schedule, but a typical itinerary after your transfer to the Red River Delta is to visit one of the historic homes to meet and chat with the owners. Then, cycle around the village to experience everyday life up-close-and-personal. Pedal over to the 15th-century Mia Pagoda, and admire the 287 statues of varying sizes, including a famous statue of Buddha, and the statues of the 8 Vajra Deities. Lunch will be served from a fixed menu at a local home to savor the rustic flavors of rural life. The ancient houses are run by families who have worked the land for generations and they will happily talk about their daily routine in the breathtaking and peaceful setting. Continue exploring the village by foot, venturing down some of the tiny alleys to see more of the centuries-old houses. Say goodbye to Duong Lam and drive back to Hanoi at around 16:00 for the end of the tour services.
Includes• Pick-up and drop off at your hotel in Hanoi Transportation by modern air-conditioned car 1 bottle of water per person • Bicycle rental • English-speaking guide • Lunch with a local family • Entrance fees • Drinks • Tips and personal expenses • Other services not clearly mentioned
- Duong Lam is safe for travelers, but please be careful as you ride the tiny alleys by bike. Check your brakes and tyres before setting off
- Please ask permission before taking photos of the locals • Before visiting any ancient house, ask the permission of the owner, and and say “hello” to show your respect. You should donate some money on the altars (VND 30,000-VND 50,000, about USD 1.5-3). Small gifts are also welcome. You shouldn’t face a family altar, and if you want to take pictures, please ask first • Drinks are available at the homestays, including beers, sodas, and water. But the best drink is a cup of green tea! • Please order food with the home owner to enjoy the most authentic Vietnamese food. There’s no menu. Classic country food is served from a fixed menu for lunch
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Danang Private Jeep Tour
Visit all of the highest points in Da Nang and view the city high up.From ₫2,582,700
- Best Seller
From Huế: Full-Day Phong Nha Cave Tour
A magical place hidden in the limestone mountain and tropical forests, Phong Nha is famous for its caves, splendid grottos and underground river.15 ReviewsFrom ₫995,200
Saigon Zoo and Botanical GardensDistrict-1-, Ho Chi Minh City
Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens is one on the oldest zoos in the world...............
Ben Thanh MarketDistrict-1-, Ho Chi Minh City
The most centrally located and popular market in Saigon. .........From
Hoi An Heritage Painting TourHo Chi Minh City
An unique tour to gain insight of the charming and captivating artistic culture of historic Hoi An. ............
Jade Emperor PagodaDistrict-3, Ho Chi Minh City
To explore a "non-touristy" pagoda, visit the Jade Emperor Pagoda. Also known as the Tortoise Pagoda because you can purchase turtles out front to release into the pond.From
Hoi An ExpressHo Chi Minh City
From day tours to multiple week long trips, Hoi An Express will plan every detail to perfection.............
Ecological ToursHo Chi Minh City
A Unique Eco-Experience exploring Hoi An’s countryside on our comfortable Electric Scooters!............From
Hai Van Pass
Hai Van Pass is a 21-km mountain pass on Vietnam’s National Route 1A. It traverses the border of DaNang City and Thua Thien-Hue Province, near Bach Ma National Park. On
Car Rental from Ho Chi Minh City to Surroundings
You deserve a perfect car to take you around Ho Chi Minh City or you want to travel further to destinations such as the Cu Chi Tunnels or Mekong Delta. Rely on a professiFrom ₫2,369,500