From Hanoi: Sa Pa 3-Day Trek with Ethnic Homestay
Are you a business owner in Vietnam?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Vietnam.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Experience the local culture of the ethnic minority people of Vietnam
- Hike through the rice terraces of the Hoang Lien Son Mountains
- Spend the night at a homestay and learn how to cook the local food
DescriptionGet back to nature and learn about the ethnic minorities of the Hoang Lien Son Mountains on a 3-day tour to Sa Pa from Hanoi. Day 1: Hanoi – Sa Pa (L, D) Depart Hanoi and relax on the bus journey to Sa Pa. Get a welcome drink on arrival and admire the colorful costumes of the H'mong, Dzao, and Tay ethnic minority people. Savor the local food before a 9-kilometer trek through the rice terraces and Muong Hoa Stream. Arrive at the Black H'mong village of Lao Chai and get panoramic vistas of the mountains. Check into a homestay of the Dzay people and chat about their everyday life. Day 2: Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai – Sa Pa (B, L, D) Trek past rice paddies and through a bamboo forest. Pause to admire Giang Ta Chai, home of the Red Dzao people. Return to Sa Pa by bus and get a welcome drink at the hotel before a delicious lunch of Vietnamese dishes. Drive to the Black H'mong village of Cat Cat, near the bottom of a deep valley at the foot of Fansipan mountain. Trek down to the waterfall before the return trip to Sa Pa in the afternoon. Day 3: Sa Pa – Hanoi (B, L) Get some free time to explore on your own before a leisurely lunch. Depart for Hanoi in the afternoon and get dropped off in the Old Quarter on arrival.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by modern air-conditioned bus with comfortable sleeping seats (Hanoi – Sa Pa – Hanoi) 2 bottles of water per person on board the bus (each way) Transportation by modern bus in Sa Pa with experienced drivers Transfers as per the itinerary English-speaking guide Local guide in Sa Pa 2 dinners, 3 lunches, and 2 breakfasts All entrance tickets to indicated sites 1 night at the Sa Pa View Hotel or similar (twin sharing basis) and 1 night at a homestay with basic single bed, hot water, mosquito net, and blanket Insurance during your time on the bus Drinks Travel insurance VAT Personal expenses Items not clearly mentioned above
- The long trek is not suitable for children or senior citizens
- Your overnight at the homestay may be on the 1st or 2nd night
- Bring warm clothes, a scarf, and a hat or cap as the weather in Sa Pa is unpredictable. It is normally cold from September to March. Due to the altitude, it can sometimes be foggy from December to March
- Bring trekking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen, and insect repellent
- It is recommended you bring cash in Vietnamese Dong as the banking system in Sa Pa is not always reliable. US Dollars, Euros and Australia Dollars are accepted
- If you require any medication, it is strongly recommended you bring it with you
- Please note that the facilities at the homestay are more basic than a hotel in Sa Pa
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Danang Private Jeep Tour
Visit all of the highest points in Da Nang and view the city high up.From ₫2,582,700
- Best Seller
From Huế: Full-Day Phong Nha Cave Tour
A magical place hidden in the limestone mountain and tropical forests, Phong Nha is famous for its caves, splendid grottos and underground river.15 ReviewsFrom ₫995,200
Ben Thanh MarketDistrict-1-, Ho Chi Minh City
The most centrally located and popular market in Saigon. .........From
Hoi An Heritage Painting TourHo Chi Minh City
An unique tour to gain insight of the charming and captivating artistic culture of historic Hoi An. ............
Saigon Zoo and Botanical GardensDistrict-1-, Ho Chi Minh City
Saigon Zoo and Botanical Gardens is one on the oldest zoos in the world...............
Ecological ToursHo Chi Minh City
A Unique Eco-Experience exploring Hoi An’s countryside on our comfortable Electric Scooters!............From
Jade Emperor PagodaDistrict-3, Ho Chi Minh City
To explore a "non-touristy" pagoda, visit the Jade Emperor Pagoda. Also known as the Tortoise Pagoda because you can purchase turtles out front to release into the pond.From
Hoi An ExpressHo Chi Minh City
From day tours to multiple week long trips, Hoi An Express will plan every detail to perfection.............
Ho Chi Minh: Mekong River Cruise with Set Menu Lunch
A guided trip to the Mekong Delta that offers a glimpse into the unique and fascinating river life of this vibrant southern-Delta region.From ₫853,000
Private tour to Cao Đài Temple and Cu Chi Tunnels
Discover Vietnam's fascinating history: start at Cao Dai Temple to see the stunning temple and learn about local spiritual culture; then visit the phenomenal underground1 ReviewsFrom ₫1,066,300