My Guide Website?
Saigon: Street Food Evening Tour87 Reviews
Experience the soul of Saigon through its world-famous food. Head to places favored by locals and taste the most iconic southern Vietnamese street food dishes as the sun goes down.
- Eat your way through Ho Chi Minh City the way locals do
- Indulge in the dishes that have made Southern Vietnamese cuisine famous around the world
- Experience the city as the sun goes down and reveals a vibrant night scene
- Try a coffee made the traditional Saigonese way
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionYour small group (maximum 12 Passengers) Saigon food tour kicks off with some authentic local appetizers such as chao muc (a dry squid porridge) and xa xui (Cantonese barbecued pork). Learn how Chinese food has been integrated into Vietnamese cuisine as you inhale the spicy flavors of the street stalls and watch local life unfold before your eyes in the heart of Saigon. Your immersion into local life continues as you make your way to the corner of Nguyen Cong Tru and Calmette for a unique street food called banh bo banh tieu, which recalls memories of many Saigonese childhoods. It wouldn’t be a true local experience without enjoying coffee the way Saigonese coffee aficionados do on a daily basis. Head to a popular local hem of Saigon to enjoy a cup. Experience the local style of taking your coffee and feel right at home. Next up is another one of the city’s iconic street food dishes: ha cao (Chinese-style dim-sum), bo bia (Saigonese spring roll) and bo cuon mo chai (barbecued beef meatballs). These dishes are some of the most popular and preferred dishes by southerners, and you can find them everywhere, from street stalls to fancy restaurants. What makes them so beloved is that the ingredients are so strikingly simple, yet the tastes and flavors are truly unforgettable . Then head to Bui Vien to pick up a Vietnamese fried banana for dessert, a new version of the traditional version that is popular with locals.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide All food and drink samples indicated in the itinerary such as chao muc (squid soup/porridge), xa xiu (Cantonese barbecued pork or duck), Bo la lot (barbecued minced beef), Fried rice flour cake with egg And deep-fried tofu with lemongrass or salted egg yolk with green chili Coffee or tea Beer or soft drink with peanuts or rice crackers
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices
- Please inform your local guide about any food allergies you may have. Unfortunately, the tour provider can not cater for vegetarian or vegan travelers
- Travelers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination