My Guide Website?
Saigon Slum Tour with Motorbike17 Reviews
Experience the contrast between the bustling modern city and the poor lives of people in the slum areas and how they make a living. Learn about the Vietnamese society after the war and educate yourself to understand more about all sides of Saigon.
- Go from the most luxurious area in Saigon to the slums
- Visit different slum areas including the ones in the center, the old mafia area, the ones along the river, outside the center and the floating market
- Learn more about how people work and live in slum areas
- Experience and connect with the local people living in the slums and hear how the government supports the areas
DescriptionBegin your 4-hour tour with a pick-up from your hotel at 8:00 AM. On this tour, you will discover Ho Chi Minh City, also informally known by its former name of Saigon. Saigon is seen as the center of frenetic commercial activities, a fast-growing environment and a land of contrasts - between rich and poor, country and city, past and present. Receive a full view of the city in just a few hours while sitting on the back of a motorbike like the locals. Experience the difference between the touristic hub of Saigon and the slums inside the city center as well as outside. Visit the slums in the old mafia area and the slums along the river through districts 5 to 7. Witness the slums in process of dismantling and re-construction. Learn more about the local guide's views and thoughts and hear about the life in the slums. You will also visit the charity food stall, where they sell a meal with rice for only 2,000 VND. This tour shows you the contrast of the city and tells you about Vietnam's society after the war, the bustling city and how people make a living in the slum areas, giving you a different perspective on Saigon and a better understanding of the city.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (within District 1, 3 and 4, outside these areas is extra) Local guides Motorbikes, helmets and ponchos Photos One local drink - coconut, coffee or a local drink Accident insurance
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and leave important and valuable items at your hotel
- Please be polite and ask your guides before taking photos or giving support to the people