My Guide Website?
Sa Pa: Muong Hoa Valley Trek and Local Ethnic Villages Tour300 Reviews
Trek through the Muong Hoa Valley and enjoy panoramic views over the rice terraces. Hike along the Muong Hoa River and learn about traditional customs and cultures of different mountain ethnic groups.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vietnam:If youʻre booking your trip to Vietnam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Ho Chi Minh City: Cu Chi Tunnels Half-day Tour
- Vam Sat Mangrove Forest Private Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
- Hoi An: My Son Sanctuary and Thu Bon River Cruise
- From Hue: Vietnam's DMZ Full-Day Group or Private Tour
- From Hanoi: Ha Long Bay Full-Day Guided Tour with Lunch
- Explore the traditional cultures and local diversity of the Sa Pa valley
- Trek through the amazing landscapes and get breathtaking views
- Enjoy lunch at a local home in one of the villages
DescriptionBenefit from pick-up at your hotel in Sa Pa, and then start your 10-kilometer trek through the beautiful valley. Admire the rice terraces hidden behind the morning mist as you follow a small trail to cross the Muong Hoa River. Continue past well-tended, terraced rice fields on your way to the village of Lao Chai, where a local Black Hmong ethnic group live. Hike to the village of Ta Van Giay and trek along the route of the Muong Hoa River to cross a small suspension bridge roughly 2 kilometers from the settlement. Discover a fascinating collection of ancient rock carvings that depict images of men, stilt houses and different decorative patterns. Enjoy lunch at a local house in the village before hiking through a bamboo forest and reaching the Red Dao ethnic minority village of Giang Ta Chai. Enjoy a short rest at a nearby waterfall before climbing uphill to the main road where the driver will be waiting for you to take you back to SaPa.
IncludesHotel pick-up English-speaking guide Entrance tickets Lunch Mineral water
- The trek is 10 kilometers long and can be challenging, especially in wet weather. Please ensure your fitness is suitable before booking
- This activity is not suitable for disabled people and children under 6 years old
- The tour ends at approximately 3:30 PM
- Warm clothes are recommended from October to March
- Bring trekking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent