My Guide Website?
Private Hoi An: My Son Discovery Adventure1 Reviews
Get out of the city for a morning and explore the holy ruins of My Son, a stunning temple complex built by the Cham people over a period of 10 centuries to honor the Hindu gods.
- Explore the ancient crumbling ruins of My Son, one of Vietnam’s most important historical sites
- Admire the beautifully tranquil green valleys that surround My Son
- Enjoy a traditional Apsara dance demonstration
- Meet a friendly local family who will teach you how to make a delicious rice paper snack
- Carbon neutral tour, operated by travel B Corp accredited company
DescriptionBe picked up from your hotel in Hoi An, early in the morning and be whisked off through the peace and quiet of the surrounding countryside. After about an hour of driving through rural Vietnam, reach the historic complex of My Son. My Son is one of Vietnam’s most important heritage sites, providing a unique insight into the lives of the Cham people who lived here over a thousand years ago. Skip the line and explore this atmospheric architectural ensemble before the tourist hordes arrive. Learn about the original building techniques applied during construction and the traditional materials that were used, such as timber, brick, and stone. Look out for the numerous craters that were left here by American bombs from the war in the 1960s and 70s. After exploring the ruins, stop off for an unforgettable experience to watch the Apsara dance beside the historic temples. The performers will give a dance demonstration to the sounds of panpipes and drums, wearing colorful traditional costumes and cone-shaped hats. On the way back to Hoi An, stop at a rice paper workshop to test your culinary skills and learn how to make a delicious local snack. Afterward, sit back and enjoy your creations with a cup of Vietnamese coffee and engage in a friendly chat with our hosts about the rural way of life here. To finish the tour, head back into Hoi An and be dropped off at your hotel or perhaps at a local restaurant for lunch, whichever you prefer. Don’t forget to ask your local guide for hints and tips on how to get the most out of your stay in Hoi An.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide My Son entrance fee round trip transportation Local snack and coffee or tea with a local family Pick-up and drop-off at centrally located hotel in Hoi An
- Please note that the rice paper workshop is offered by a local family-run business. As such, sometimes they may close for a day without prior notice. In such a case, alternative arrangements will be made
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
- The tour includes pick-up at hotels within an 8 km radius of Hoi An city center, including resorts such as An Bang and Cua Dai Beach
- If your hotel is outside of the pick-up area, please make your way to the meeting point at 328 Nguyen Duy Hieu Street
- Please indicate that you intend to meet the tour group at the meeting point when you fill out the booking form
- Travelers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination