Mekong Delta Private Tour from Ho Chi Minh City Ports
Experience this beautiful waterway which boasts incredible floating markets, traditional locals trading, and every color you could imagine. Cruise along the lively river, visit a handicraft village and try some local Mekong delicacies.
- Cruise along the Mekong River
- Witness the Cai Be floating market
- Enjoy a delicious local lunch
- Visit a local handicraft village
DescriptionMeet your private English-speaking guide at your port and travel in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle to the Mekong Delta. Take in the countless scenes rice paddies and orchards as you drive through the countryside. Learn about the course of the river and the agricultural way of life as you observe traditional Vietnamese life pass right before your eyes. A private sampan (traditional motorised boat) will be waiting for you as we arrive at Cai Be. Embark on an unforgettable exploration of a fascinating waterway. The river here is crowded with floating markets selling colorful fruits, vegetables, flowers, and seasonal goods. Swap your sampan for a rowing boat and venture into the smaller, more secluded canals of the delta. The quieter canals are the perfect place to witness a slower pace of life as we pass under tropical canopies and paddle the serene water. Explore the island of Tan Phong and enjoy distinctive South-West Vietnamese music with a live performance. Bikes will be provided if you wish to explore this beautiful island further. Along the way, visit local families and learn how they use the land to craft everything from delicate rice paper to the sturdy roofs of their homes. Enjoy Mekong delicacies for lunch which include freshly made spring rolls, fried pumpkin flower and beautiful braised pork soaked in coconut juice. Visit Cao Dai temple and admire the art on the walls. Your guide will then take you back to port in plenty of time for your cruise departure.
IncludesAll entrance fees All taxes Fully air-conditioned vehicle Unlimited bottles of water English-speaking guide Lunch Gratuities Personal expenses
- All private tours are approximately 8 hours or longer depending on your time constraints. At the end of the private tour, you will be returned on-time to board the cruise ship
- Please bring sunscreen, hat, insect repellent, light jacket, flashlight or torch
- Please dress respectfully, knees and shoulders should be covered at all times
- Dietary requirements can be catered for, please inform the local supplier beforehand
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability