My Guide Website?
Mekong Day Tour by Car: Floating market, Cooking & Cycling16 Reviews
See the lively Cai Be floating market; learn about the authentic life of locals; trying making some delicious food by yourself and do cycling around the orchards and rice fields.
- Have a look at Cai Be floating market, seeing how the local go on with their lives and business
- Visit the family-run businesses of local people: coconut candy workshop, honey bee farm, pop rice factory
- Sample some tropical fruits while listening to Don Ca Tai Tu – Traditional music of Southern Vietnamese people
- Enjoy a rowboat ride along small canals and fully enjoy the rustic nature
- Try making some delicious authentic dishes by yourself in a mini cooking class
- Do some cycling around local villages and fully enjoy the peaceful atmosphere here
DescriptionYour lovely and friendly tour guide will meet up with you at 7:30 a.m. at your hotel and head down to Tien Giang province together in a private car. The drive will last for around 2 hours, you will have the chance to have a full view of the local life changing the farther the car takes you away from the busy city. Arriving at Cai Be floating market at 9:45 am, your private boat will leisurely cruise you along the famous Cai Be floating market. Here your tour guide will provide a full commentary about the area so that you can learn more about the local life here and how people purchasing goods as well as living on boats. Continue your visit to: · The coconut candy factory, sampling the sweets, admiring the skillful hands of the makers · Sit down at the honey bee farm and sip on some hot tasty honey tea, which is said to be very good for you. Seeing how pop rice is made, a very popular and close to hearts of many Vietnamese · Enjoy traditional Vietnamese Southern music at local house and sampling some tropical fruits that are grown from this land · Visit a tropical fruit garden and take a sampan ride along a small canal Around midday, stop to have lunch at a local house while sitting in the middle of a beautiful green garden. After lunch, a small exercise is much needed. You can choose either a short walk or cycling after lunch to see the local village. Say good bye to the peaceful and beautiful Mekong Delta during you last ride on the big boats. Get back in the car to head back to HCM city at around 3:00 p.m. Arrive at your hotel at 5:30 – 6:00 p.m.
IncludesFull day tour of fun and excitement Lunch and first drink at the restaurant (mineral water, soft drink or beer) Mineral water and wet towel during the tour Tropical fruits, honey tea and coconut juice Private tour with private transportation (air-conditioned car; motor boat; row boat) Informative and English-speaking Tiger Guide Pick-up and drop off from your centrally located hotel Travel insurance All items of a personal nature Tip/Gratuity
- Kindly advise of any:
- Dietary restrictions/food allergies/religious restrictions
- Restrictions to certain areas of activities
- Other special requests for the tour • There is no charge for children under 5 years old. Parents will be responsible for handling any costs that arise during the tour
- The age of children will be counted from the year they were born to the year they go on the tour (not their age at the time of booking)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now