My Guide Website?
Hue: Imperial City Private Walking Tour1 Reviews
Explore Hue's most famous landmark, the citadel. Explore its network of pavilions, courtyards, moats, gardens, and walls.
- Learn about the Imperial City of Hue, the former capital of Vietnam
- Walk around the citadel and take in the majestic Noon Gate and Nine Holy Cannons
- See the ornate details of the lavish Thai Hoa Palace
- Visit the ancestral temples of The Mieu and Hung Mieu
- Imagine the Vietnamese royals of old watching traditional performances at the Duyet Thi Duong Royal Theater
DescriptionVisit the cultural epicenter of Hue with a private guide and unearth the city's history. immerse yourself in the Imperial City of Hue, which served as Vietnam’s capital from the early 1800s until the mid-1900s. Explore the vast grounds, passing by the majestic entrance, the Noon Gate. See the Nine Holy Cannons, which are located on the ramparts just inside the Citadel said to symbolize the four seasons and the five elements. Continue to the Mieu and the Hung Mieu Temples. Also known as the Temple of Generations, learn how the Mieu was built as an ancestral temple to honor the ten emperors of the Nguyen dynasty. Walk a bit further north and see a smaller temple, the Hung Mieu Temple, built to honor the parents of Gia Long, the first emperor of the Nguyen dynasty. Next, stop at the Thai Hoa Palace. Hear stories about how this lavish hall was used for important ceremonies and official receptions. Take in the spacious palace with its 80 columns, ornate dragon details, and immense courtyard. See the scenic and newly-renovated Phung Tien Temple, which was once a place where the emperor, empresses, and other royal females came to worship the Nguyen ancestors. Admire the rocky pools, pass by the library, and take photos by the flower garden. Your final stop on this private tour will be the Duyet Thi Duong Royal Theater, one of Vietnam’s oldest working theaters to date. It was restored and opened to the public in 2004 after many of its unique architectural elements and designs were replicated, making it easy for you to transport yourself back in time and imagine the former Vietnamese royals watching traditional performances.
- Please allow plenty of time to reach the meeting point, as there is heavy traffic in the morning
- You will need to bring cash to cover the entrance fees and any personal expenses