My Guide Website?
Hue: Guided City Tour and River Cruise from Chan May Port
Explore the city of Hue that was once the capital of Vietnam up until 1945. Discover the city’s most impressive sites, such as the Citadel, Tiger Arena, the tomb of King Tu Duc, and experience traditional conical hat making.
- Visit the Tomb of King Tu Duc and Tiger Arena
- Explore the Imperial Citadel, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy panoramic views on Bunker Hill
- Learn about traditional conical hat making
DescriptionStart your day in the culturally rich former capital city of Vietnam, Hue. Your first stop is the Citadel, where the last king of Vietnam, Bar Day, stepped down in 1945. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is guarded by an ancient moat and thick stone walls, it encompasses the Imperial City, Forbidden Purple City, and the Royal Theatre. Venture off the beaten track and visit the locals, including the inspiring Ms. Thuy who specialises in making Vietnam’s world-famous conical hats. Ms. Thuy’s house is a true exploration of rural Vietnam and a fascinating insight into the skill of this tradition. Next up is the tomb of King Tu Duc, the most popular and impressive of all the royal mausoleums. Learn about the fascinating history and about the king’s life of imperial luxury, from his 104 wives to the unfortunate ending for the 200 burial servants. Visit Bunker Hill, which overlooks the Perfume River and boasts the most amazing panoramic views which were once used as a military vantage point. Recharge your batteries at a serene nunnery pagoda and enjoy the scenery while you eat lunch. Then head to Tiger Arena, an ancient Colosseum where tigers and elephants would fight to the death for royal entertainment. End the tour with a visit to the iconic seven story Thien Mu Pagoda, the unofficial symbol of Hue city. From there, board a classic dragon boat and cruise down the Perfume River beach towards the city.
IncludesAll entrance fees Air-conditioned vehicle Unlimited bottles of water English speaking guide Vegetarian lunch
- All private shore excursions are approximately 8 hours or longer depending on your time constraints. At the end of the private tour, you will be returned on-time to board the cruise ship.
- Please bring, sunscreen, a hat, insect repellent, land a light jacket. Please ensure you dress respectfully. Knees and shoulders should be covered at all times
- If you have any food allergies or special dietary requirements, please contact the tour operator beforehand