My Guide Website?
Hoi An: Half-Day Silk Cloth Producing Process Tour25 Reviews
Discover Vietnam's long history of making silk with a half-day tour in Hoi An. Explore the silk village, seeing how silkworms are taken care of and how their cocoons are transformed into beautiful and elaborate handicrafts.
- Visit an old weaving factory in Quang Nam to learn the story of mulberry growi
- Visiting mulberry garden and silkworm raising house
- Learn how to cultivate and remove silkworm cocoons by traditional methods
- See workers weaving silk into beautiful fabrics
- Visit the silk showroom to view the product
DescriptionWe will pick you up at your hotel and head to Hoi An Silk Village. Upon arrival, you can relax and enjoy a welcome drink. This village is the tourist destination chosen by a number of domestic and foreign visitors. Specially, in this village, more 40 mulberry roots about hundreds of years old and many other species of mulberry from the nationwide are kept. We will visit the traditional house in Quang Nam and listen to the story of craft sericulture there. Next, we will visit the ancient mulberry gardens and the silkworm-breeding houses, where we can see the cocoons, learn how to feed the silkworms and unravel silkworm cocoons using traditional methods. You can feed cocoons by yourself. Food for these cocoons are collected from the mulberry trees in the gardens. Discover the handicrafts of Champa people and learn how to make traditional textiles as we visit the Vietnamese traditional silk weaving house. Finally, we will visit the showroom to see the silk products and tailors then enjoy snack in the mulberry garden.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Hoi An City Center Entrance fees Snack English speaking guide (Other languages available upon request with surcharge) Bottled drinking water Travel insurance
- Every child must be accompanied by an adult. Please book adult tickets for any additional children.