My Guide Website?
Hoi An: Half-Day My Son Temples Tour124 Reviews
Visit the ancient Champa Kingdom that dates back to the 3rd century and has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Set in a lovely valley surrounded by mountain peaks, the temples that were rebuilt in the 7th-century became a sanctuary of Hinduism.
- Visit the lost Champa Kingdom that dates back to the 3rd century
- Marvel at the beautiful valley surrounded by towering mountains
- Explore the temples that were rebuilt in the 7th century
- Learn about the fascinating history behind Hinduism
DescriptionOne of the most stunning sights to see in the Hoi An area is My Son, a spiritual center of the ancient kingdom of Champa. Situated in the heart of a beautiful valley and surrounded by high mountains, My Son is about 45 kilometers away from Hoi An. Join a shared or private half-day trip to visit this special site. Letters from the 4th century were found during excavations at My Son, revealing that the temples of the complex were used to worship and make offerings to the Hindu gods. In 1999, UNESCO designated My Son a World Heritage Site. Originally built from wood, the temples were completely destroyed by fire in the 6th century and then rebuilt in the 7th century with locally made bricks. By the 13th century, more than 70 similar temples had been built, establishing My Son as a sanctuary of Hinduism in the Champa Kingdom.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Entrance fees Bottled water Travel insurance English-speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request with surcharge)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is available in Hoi An city center (excluding South Hoi An area)
- Every child must be accompanied by 1 adult: additional children must pay the adult price