Hoi An Foodie Tour: Half-Day Local Foods Experience1 Reviews
Take a journey through Hoi An’s culinary history. Head out to the beautiful countryside by bicycle to experience some traditional local food favorites, including the most famous of Hoi An specialties, Cao Lau.
- ride through the countryside, past verdant rice-paddies to visit a local village
- Sample the traditional Hoi An specialty, cao lau
- Learn how to make white rose cakes, a local delicacy
- Get a unique chance to interact with a local family at their home
- Try some yin and yang food balancing favorites in Cam Nam
DescriptionTake an interesting journey by bicycle to the villages outside Hoi An to discover a variety of local foods. Visit a village known for its vegetables and stop to enjoy a bowl of cao lau. This traditional Hoi An specialty, made of local noodles, pork, fresh vegetables, and rice paper, is believed to have originated in Japan. The noodles are made with local sticky rice soaked in water that must be taken from the Ba Le well, the oldest well in Hoi An. It’s believed that the water from this well is the best of the best. Stop to meet a local family and try your hand at making some special cakes known as white roses. Before your tour ends you’ll also have the opportunity to taste the yin and yang food of Cam Nam, such as banh dap (cracked or smashed rice pancakes) and che bap (corn and coconut sweet soup).
IncludesTransfers and transportation as per the itinerary Entrance fees Bicycle Food Bottled water English-speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request) Travel insurance Personal expenses Tips/gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is available in Hoi An city center (except South Hoi An area)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability