Ho Chi Minh: Full-Day Trip to Cai Be Floating Market3 Reviews
Get a taste of the unique and fascinating river life of the Mekong Delta on this guided day trip from Ho Chi Minh, visiting a floating market, local workshops, and sampling delicious local produce along an unforgettable journey.
- Enjoy a boat cruise to one of the highlights of the Mekong, Cai Be Floating Market
- Stop to watch how locals make coconut candy, rice-paper, rice-popcorn, and rice wine
- Spend some time among local farmers, enjoying traditional music and tropical fruits on Hoa Phuoc Islet
- Dine on a regional specialty, “Elephant Ear Fish“, at a local home
DescriptionYour full-day adventure begins with a two-hour drive from Ho Chi Minh City to Mekong Delta. Upon arrival, you’ll board a boat cruise and visit the remarkable Cai Be Floating Market, a local meeting point for buying and selling agricultural products. While exploring the market, you’ll witness local business activities right on the water and get a feel for the way of life of people in the South West region, or simply relax as you float along the river. You’ll then stop over at a local house where you’ll get a unique opportunity to see how people here make coconut candy, rice-paper, rice-pop corn, and rice wine. You’ll then leave Cai Be for Tan Phong Islet, where a maze of shady creeks will surely fascinate you. After riding a rowing-boat down a small channel, you’ll have the chance to spend some time enjoying traditional music and tropical fruits in this special location. You’ll enjoy a traditional lunch at a local home, including a popular regional dish of ‘Elephant Ear Fish’, before making the journey back to Ho Chi Minh City.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (city center) Transportation Entrance fees Lunch Bottled drinking water Expert english-speaking tour guide Travel insurance Personal expenses Gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is available in city center (except districts 2, 7, and 9)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability