My Guide Website?
Hanoi: Thang Long Water Puppet Show Ticket
Discover Vietnam’s fascinating ancient art of water puppetry with an impressive Thang Long Water Puppet Show
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vietnam:If youʻre booking your trip to Vietnam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Ho Chi Minh City: Cu Chi Tunnels Half-day Tour
- Hanoi: Hoa Lu, Trang An Caves, & Mua Cave Day Trip and Lunch
- From Ho Chi Minh City: Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta Tour
- From Hanoi: Ha Long Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay Luxury Boat Tour
- Vam Sat Mangrove Forest Private Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
- Reserve your entry ticket in advance
- Learn about this important Vietnamese art form by experiencing it firsthand
- See ancient Vietnamese folktale come to life with skilled talent of puppeteers
- Choose the show times which best fit with your schedule
DescriptionExperience one of Vietnam's most memorable and traditional art forms during a live 50-minute performance. The art of water puppetry has a distinct Vietnamese identity. It came into existence more than a thousand years ago in the Red River Delta. The world-famous Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre in Hanoi has its roots in an art form that dates back to the 11th century. The tradition of water puppet theater stems from a time when rice paddy fields were flooded and villagers would create entertainment by standing in the waist-deep water with the puppets performing over the water. Using large rods to support the puppets it appeared as if they were moving across the water with the puppeteers hidden behind a screen. * Note: The language artists sing in the show would be Local Vietnamese as this is the traditional cultural show
IncludesEntry ticket for Thang Long Water Puppet Show
- - The ticket schedule would be sometimes changed to the next show in case it's fully booked. In this case, you will be contacted in advance for the best arrangement. If you do not agree we would process the full refund. - Ticket exchange for the physical tickets at ticket box is compulsory at least 30 minutes before the show - No flash photography is permitted at the performance