My Guide Website?
Hanoi: Street Food Experience with 5 Food Stops55 Reviews
Sample authentic local dishes away from the tourist trail with your local guide. Interact with the locals on the street at a variety of atmospheric food stalls on this 3-hour food walking tour.
- Sample delicious Vietnamese cuisine on the street, just like the locals do
- Stroll through hidden alleyways and bustling markets of Hanoi’s charming old quarter
- Learn more about Hanoi’s unique food culture
- Take in a spectacular night view of Hoan Kiem Lake from a secret cafe
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionMeet with your local guide, then dive straight into Hanoi’s culinary scene with a visit to Dong Xuan, the largest covered market in the city. Along the perimeter of the market, dozens of street hawkers sell a staggering variety of produce, from live seafood to exotic fruits and spices. Hear about traditional Vietnamese food culture, like ingredients and historical backgrounds of popular northern dishes. Try seasonal fruits and sample a banh mi, a famous Vietnamese baguette, with your choice of fillings. One of the most beloved combos is pate, ham, sliced cucumber, and chili sauce. Next, walk through the bustling streets that make up Hanoi’s Old Quarter. Taste the famed Hanoi dish banh cuon at a local eatery and watch the chefs make this dish. Wander past street stalls and residential lanes and observe how little local life has changed since Hanoi was founded 1,000+ years ago. Stop at a stall selling bun cha, a classic Vietnamese dish served with grilled fatty pork (chả) over a plate of white rice noodles (bún) and herbs with a dipping sauce. Save room for the grilled nem chua, a fermented pork roll, and a fresh fruit salad, two of the most well-known snacks in the city. Go to one of Hanoi’s best-kept secrets, a hidden café with stunning views over the Hoan Kiem Lake. This café is one of the few left in the city that still serves egg coffee, a scrumptious local delicacy that you will sample. At the end of your Hanoi tour, explore the area or return to your hotel.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide All food samples as per itinerary Vietnamese coffee/drink
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices
- This tour visits independent, family-owned businesses whose operating schedules and menus may change
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
- It is highly recommended you bring a reusable water bottle on the walking tour, as the local partner is on the way to reducing single-use plastic. You'll have the chance to fill up your bottle at the meeting point • Travelers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6 to 17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination