Hanoi: Night Market Tour, Water Puppet Show and Dinner
Discover the Northern Vietnamese culture with a night tour of a local market followed by a traditional water puppet show and traditional buffet dinner.
- Take a trip to the local market to see how Hanoians shop and trade
- Experience authentic Vietnamese culture at a water puppet show
- Get a humorous insight into the local culture, customs, and folklore as you watch the puppets perform
- Enjoy a buffet dinner in a popular restaurant in the upmarket area of West Lake
DescriptionSpend a few hours exploring the local culture of Hanoi by night. Take in the sights and smells of the bustling market with your guide and learn how the locals buy and trade. Afterwards, enjoy an authentic cultural experience by seeing a water puppet show. Native to Northern Vietnam, water puppetry gives an insight into rural Vietnamese life and folklore. Puppets are made from light timbers and are carved, polished, and decorated with different colours to demonstrate the clear personalities of each character. The show is performed in a pool using the water surface as the stage. The stage is decorated with flags, fans, and parasols. The artisans inside the cabin control the puppets with a system of ropes arranged outside or underwater. After the show, head to the West Lake where you will enjoy a lavish buffet dinner. With a wide range of food options, get a comprehensive taste of North Vietnamese cuisine to finish your evening in Hanoi.
IncludesTransfer and transportation as per itinerary Entrance fees Bottled drinking water Buffet dinner English-speaking guide Travel insurance Gratuities Personal expenses
- Every child must be accompanied by an adult. Please book adult tickets for any additional children.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability