Hanoi Highlights: Full-Day Small Group City Tour with Lunch46 Reviews
See the best of Hanoi on a small group tour and learn about the history of Vietnam’s capital city. Visit cultural and historical sites, such as the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, and enjoy a walk through the Old Quarter of the city and some local dishes at lunch.
- Learn about the history of Vietnam and Hanoi from an expert private guide
- Visit the Mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh, the father of Vietnam
- See the beautiful wooden 1-Pillar Pagoda, dating from the 11th century
- Take a walk through Hanoi's atmospheric Old Quarter
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day tour of Hanoi with Tour guide and get a local's insight into Vietnam’s mythology, traditions and customs. Visit cultural and historical sites, such as the Mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh, as well as everyday locales such as the houses of the Old Quarter. Following a pick-up at your hotel by your guide and driver, go to the Ho Chi Minh Complex to discover the heart of Viernam at “Uncle Ho’s” Mausoleum. Standing before the mausoleum are 79 cycad trees, symbolizing Ho Chi Minh’s 79 springs of life, while 2 bamboo ranges whistle in the wind to commemorate the former president and Father of the Nation. See the nearby house-on-stilts and quaint One-Pillar Pagoda, built out of wood for the 11th-century Emperor Lý Thái Tông. Continue to the Enthnology Museum - a public museum exhibiting the ethnic groups of Vietnam. The mission of the Museum is scientific research, collection, documentation, conservation, exhibition and preserving the cultural and historic patrimony of the nation’s different ethnic groups Next visit would be the Galary of Lacque Paiting Collection. The best of handicraft of the north of Vietnam. Then you would have lunch at Local restarant with the deep touch of the art of Hanoi Cuisine. You will then visit the Temple of Literature, the site of Vietnam’s first university dating back to 1070 and originally built as a temple to Confucius. Inside you can see the stone steles mounted on the backs of turtles, which have the names of Vietnam’s best scholars inscribed. The temple highlights the importance that Vietnamese society place on education both now and in the past. After the lunch. In the afternoon, explore the vibrant eastern sector of Hanoi, including Hoan Kiem Lake, Ngoc Son Temple, and Huc Bridge. Walking around the Old Quarter and mingle with the locals as they go about their hectic lives. End with a 30-minute Cyclo Tour around the Old Quater of Hanoi to have the best view of life of Hanoian.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Land transfers Admission fees Lunch (local cuisine) Drinks Tips and personal expenses
- Please note:
- The Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum is open 5 mornings a week and 10 months a year. It is closed every afternoon, all day Monday and Friday, and from early October to early December for scheduled maintenance
- Most museums are closed on Mondays. If your visit coincides with closing days, alternatives will be suggested
- For a group of 7 or more participants, please contact the vendor for rates
- Children from 2-11 are charged 75 per cent of the adult price. Those under 2 years of age can join the tour at no charge. Children 12 years and up are considered adults
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability