From Hoi An: Interactive Rice Farming Tour7 Reviews
Prepare to get dirty as you enjoy a unique learning experience on a rice farming tour, discovering the process of wet rice cultivation and how it reaches its finishing product.
- Bike to the rice paddy fields and enjoy the beautiful countryside along the way
- Meet local farmers and learn about the cultivation and plantation of wet rice
- Get dirty plowing, raking, transplanting, soil hoeing, harvesting and threshing rice
- Make traditional pancakes from rice and savor a lunch or dinner with the local farmers
DescriptionFollowing pick-up, cycle through the countryside to the rice paddy fields, enjoying the nature and fresh air along the way. Arriving at the rice fields, meet the local farmer and talk to him about the daily life of local farming while sipping a cup of tea. Change into the traditional farming clothes with boots and a conical hat before getting into the muddy rice field. Listen to your guide as he explains the process of the wet rice and how to grow it with the water buffalo plow and agricultural water system. Take part in the daily tasks of a rice farmer, including plowing raking, sowing, planting, grinding, separating the rice and making rice flour. At the end of your tour, take the opportunity to cook some food, eat crispy pancakes and enjoy a local meal served with a cool drink. Afterwards, head back to your hotel in Hoi An.
IncludesRound-trip transfers from Hoi An by bicycle or minivan English-speaking guide Farming uniform including clothes, conical hat, boots and gloves 1 cold water bottle Traditional snacks Local rice meal Tips
- Transfer by van is available if a bicycle ride is not possible
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability