My Guide Website?
From Ho Chi Minh City: Mekong Discovery Tour3 Reviews
Head out of the chaotic city and spend a relaxing day in the lush area of My Tho and the Mekong Delta. Cruise by boat, visit a bee factory, and learn how coconut candy is produced.
- Explore the bustling port city of My Tho
- Experience the incredibly lush beauty of the Mekong Delta and cruise the river
- Savor tropical fruit on an island and feast on local Vietnamese food
- See how local coconut candy is made and visit a honey farm
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionEscape the chaos of the city for the lush fields and countless canals of the Mekong Delta. Cruise through sleepy waterways, call into an island studded with tropical gardens, try local fruit, and catch a traditional music performance en route. Set-off from Ho Chi Minh City with your small group (maximum 12 passengers) heading towards My Tho. This journey takes approximately 2.5 hours. A former naval base, My Tho is now a bustling port city in the Mekong Delta and is home to many diverse communities. Board a private boat and begin your cruise along the mighty Mekong River. Stop-off at a fish farm to gain an insight into one of the biggest industries of the region. Your expert local guide will take you to a nearby island, where you can stroll through the gardens and sample tropical fruits. Continuing to another island in the Mekong Delta, learn more about another cottage industry–coconut candy. Visit a factory and learn how this sweet is made. You will also have the opportunity to visit local villages and learn about the traditional lifestyles and customs of the people who call the Delta their home. Continue by motorized cart to visit a bee farm! Afterwards, transfer to a rowing boat to explore the smaller canals of the Delta. Stop for a well-deserved lunch in Diem Phuong Restaurant where you can try some of the best Vietnamese delicacies. After lunch return to My Tho for the journey back to Ho Chi Minh City where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Entrance fees as indicated Transport as indicated 1 local lunch Boat trip and sampan Motorized cart Tropical fruit and traditional snack tasting Coconut drink
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices Effective September 1, 2021, travelers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6 to 17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination Please ensure your knees and shoulders are covered as this trip may visit religious sites Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both recommended and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate