My Guide Website?
From Da Nang: Full-Day Trip to Hue47 Reviews
Journey through Hue’s eventful past as you explore its ancient imperial architecture including the Citadel, Thien Mu Pagoda, and Khai Dinh Royal Tomb.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Vietnam:If youʻre booking your trip to Vietnam last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Journey through Hue’s most prominent tourist attraction, the Citadel
- Savor a delicious local lunch
- Take a boat trip along the Perfume River to Thien Mu Pagoda
- Explore an Emperor’s tomb
DescriptionEnjoy a lesson in Vietnamese history on this day trip from Da Nang. See the purple forbidden city, explore temples and places of worship, and enjoy a boat trip along the perfume river. After getting picked up from your hotel, head to Hue, stopping at Hai Van Pass to explore some abandoned war bunkers. Upon arrival, head to the city's prime attraction, the Citadel. Wander through this vast complex containing the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City. See the Emperor's private residence, and learn more about Vietnam's last dynasty, the Nguyen dynasty. Discover other architectural masterpieces such as temples, pavilions, gardens, and the gates to the Imperial City. In the afternoon, stop for lunch to reenergize before enjoying a boat trip along the Perfume River. Stop at Thien Mu Pagoda, an active Buddhist monastery with origins dating back to 1601. Admire its iconic 7-story pagoda, the unofficial symbol of the city. Next, visit the serene Khai Dinh Royal Tomb, designed to blend in with its natural surroundings and built on principles of feng-shui. Explore the final resting place of a Nguyen Emperor. Admire the tomb's unique architectural design and learn more about the many myths and legends that surround this controversial emperor before heading back to Da Nang.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Entrance fees Boat trip Lunch Bottled drinking water English-speaking tour guide Travel insurance
- Every child must be accompanied by an adult; please book adult tickets for any additional children
- Please note that you must cover your arms and legs when visiting the Hue Citadel
- The journey from Da Nang to Hue lasts around 3 hours
- You can choose from either a group tour or private tour for this activity