Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta: Full-Day Small-Group Tour39 Reviews
Join a trip perfect for those who only have a short time in Ho Chi Minh City and would like to gain insights into the history of the Cu Chi Tunnels and the culture of Mekong Delta.
- Explore Cu Chi tunnels – one of the most famous historical heritages in Vietnam
- Gain a better understanding of how revolutionary soldiers lived and fought in the tunnel under harsh conditions during the war time
- Take a boat trip along Mekong River and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the southern Delta region
- Enjoy folk music performed by the locals
- Taste tropical fruits
- Gain a greater understating of the Southern Vietnamese and their daily life
DescriptionFirst, be picked up from your hotel and after about 1.5 hours, you will reach Cu Chi tunnels. On arrival, through a short video, you are given an introduction into how the Cu Chi Tunnels were made and how the Vietnamese people suffered the hardships during the period of war. Be taken to discover the remaining area and a part of the tunnel network which embraces special living areas – kitchens and bedrooms side by side, and martial facilities – weapon factories, storage, command centers, and field hospitals. Additionally, learn about dangerous traps and hidden trap doors inside the maze-like tunnels for the guerrillas’ security purpose during the wartime. Interestingly, taste special tea and cassava which was once the everyday food of the former Vietnamese guerrillas. Have lunch at a local restaurant and then visit My Tho city. Take a leisurely cruise along Tien River. After, pay a visit to a coconut candy mill, a family business, then be taken down the small canals by wooden sampans to soak up the pleasant atmosphere of the river region. Savor seasonal fruits, take a sip of honey tea and get a sense of Southern Vietnamese folk music through music performed by the locals. You will return to Ho Chi Minh City at approximately 7:00 PM.
IncludesAir-conditioned car/van/minibus Hotel pick-up and drop off for centrally located hotels in Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City consisting of streets: Lý Tự Trọng, Lê Thánh Tôn, Trương Định, Nguyễn An Ninh, Phan Chu Trinh, Lưu Văn Lang, Lê Anh Xuân, Đồng Khởi, Nguyễn Huệ, Thi Sách, Thái Văn Lung, Mạc Thị Bưởi, Hồ Huấn Nghiệp, Nguyễn Thái Bình, Lê Thị Hồng Gấm, Bùi Thị Xuân, Sương Nguyệt Anh, and Ký Con English-speaking tour guide Boat trips in Mekong Delta Entrance fees 1 lunch at a local restaurant which offers Vietnamese cuisine Fruit and honey tea 2 bottles of mineral water Travel insurance VAT Personal expenses Optional gratitudes Pick-up from hotels not centrally located in Dist, HCMC
- The pick-up time is between 6:45 AM and 7:00 AM from your centrally located hotel
- For hotels outside the city center and District 1, please meet at 22 Bùi Viện street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- For the centrally located hotels in District 1 where the tour operator can not pick-up and transfer because of the traffic rules, please contact the tour operator for support. In more detail, they are not allowed to pick-up at Nguyễn Trãi Street, Nguyễn Thị Nghĩa Street, Le Duan Street, Nguyen Binh Khiem Street
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability