Cái Bè: Deluxe Day Trip from Ho Chi Minh City16 Reviews
Experience the local life on the Mekong Delta, enjoy kayaking through small canals, cook your own lunch at a cooking class in Tan Phong village, cycle along the banks of the canals and more.
- Explore the former area of the wholesale floating market on Tien River
- Learn about local life on the Mekong Delta
- Marvel at the traditional architectural features of ancient houses in Vietnam
- Meet a local family business making coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn
- Taste fresh fruits while listening to southern Vietnamese folk music
- Enjoy a homecooked meal in a local village
- Cycle alongside the canals of the Mekong and immerse yourself in village life
DescriptionFollowing a pickup from your hotel, depart to Cái Bè on a 3.5-hour ride by bus. On arrival in Cái Bè, board a motorboat and visit the area of the former Cái Bè floating market. Explore the network of canals and experience the hustle and bustle from the water on the Mekong Delta. Visit one of the ancient houses at Dong Hoa Hiep village to learn about the indigenous culture in the Mekong Delta. Then make your way to a small family business where the locals are preparing coconut fudges and crispy rice popcorn. Savor fresh fruits and listen to traditional southern Vietnamese folk music, a type of music intertwined with the life and culture of the Mekong Delta people. Then, explore the canals of the Upper Mekong Delta and visit the local house of Tan Phong Island for lunch and learn how to cook traditional Vietnamese dishes. After lunch, cycle along the village path amongst beautiful orchard gardens. Meanwhile, make a short stop to meet local people and gain a better understanding of daily life in the Mekong Delta. Finally, it’s time to board your boat again and return to Ho Chi Minh City by bus.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at hotels on selected streets within District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City Local, English-speaking guide Mineral water (1 bottle) Shared boat rides Entrance fees Cooking class Vietnamese lunch at a local restaurant Use of a bicycle Drinks Tips Personal expenses Travel insurance Pick-up and drop off if your hotel is not located in the center of District 1
- This tour is not available for the handicapped and those with heart problems
- Please note that this is a small group tour with a maximum of 15 participants per group
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability